Shortly after I automated code deployments in my Tomcat7 development testing environment, I found that some larger builds began failing with the following error:
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException: the request was rejected because its size (...) exceeds the configured maximum (62428800)
After a little digging, I found that the WAR files were exceeding the default maximum upload size, thankfully, this is trivial to increase.
sudo vi /usr/share/tomcat7-admin/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml
(Change 52428800 to a larger number, perhaps doubled like 104857600)
<!-- 50MB max = 52428800 (100MB = 104857600) -->