While “Google” may be ubiquitous with “search” for most users in the United States and much of the world, there are still several other strong contenders that many people know nothing about. One such example, from Russia, is Yandex.
Getting your website indexed by this search engine is easy.
- Visit the webmaster website at https://webmaster.yandex.com/addurl.xml
- Register for an account, you can use single-sign-on from many social media websites such as Facebook, Google or Twitter.
- Click “Add Site” or “Add URL”
- Enter your domain name and submit
- There are several methods provided, easiest to implement is usually ‘txt’ file, as you can execute a Linux/Unix command line “touch” to create the empty file on the server as needed.
- Verify that your site is now linked to your account
- Site indexing can take a while, if it is not already indexed, in the meantime you can now modify some information about your domain(s).