After updating the JDK on my development workstations, NetBeans started reporting the following at each start up.
Cannot locate java installation in specified jdkhome:
Do you want to try to use default version?
[ Yes | No ]
Thankfully, after a little searching, I found that the solution is very simple. You can change the value or comment it out with a # in:
C:\Program Files\NetBeans #.#.#\etc\netbeans.conf
I began my life as a “Navy Brat” as such, my family moved every few years… later I too spent six years in the Navy prior to settling down in the Chicago area for school and work… here’s a history of my journeys.
- Rice Lake, WI
- Pensacola, FL
- Todendorf, Germany (03/1974 – 03/1976)
- Ft. Meade, MD (1976-1979)
- Adak, AK (1979 – 1982)
- Winter Harbor, ME (1982-1985)
- Adak, AK (“again!” 1985-1988)
- Rice Lake, WI (August 1988- July 1989)
- “Boot Camp” Great Lakes, IL (July – Sept. 1989)
- Groton, CT (Oct. 1989 – Dec. 1990)
- Pearl Harbor, HI (Jan. 1991- July 1995) – onboard SSN-725
- Rice Lake, WI (July 1995- Oct. 1995) – mostly traveling.
- Glendale Heights, IL (Oct. 1995-1996)
- Palatine, IL (1996-1997)
- Wood Dale, IL (1997-1998)
- Carol Stream, IL (2000-November 2007)
- Plainfield, IL (November 2007-present)